January 5, 2010
Meeting of the City Council was held at 7:00 o’clock P.M.
Present,-President Hart, Councillors Scatamacchia, Ryan,
Young, Hall, LePage, Daly O’Brien, Amirian and Macek.
Records of the last meeting were approved.
Councillor Young was appointed to read the records
for the present week.
The following re-appointments were made by Mayor Fiorentini:
- Gerry Sewell to the LICENSING COMMISSION. Effective December 23, 2009. CONFIRMED Yeas 9, Nays 0 1
- Christine Kwitchoff to the ROCKS VILLAGE HISTORIC DISTRICT COMMISSION. Effective January 1, 2010. CONFIRMED Yeas 9, Nays 0 1-B
- Patricia Noonan to the CENTRAL BUSINESS DISTRICT PARKING COMMISSION. PLACED ON FILE 1-C
- William D Cox Jr CITY SOLICITOR.
- Mary E Roy TREASURER.
- Margaret Toomey CITY CLERK.
- Stephen Gullo BOARD OF ASSESSORS.
- Andrew K Herlihy MAYOR’s OFFICE CHIEF OF STAFF.
- Linda Koutoulas MAYOR’s OFFICE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT.
- John Stephens BOARD OF ASSESSORS. Appointment effective January 22,
2010 to January 22, 2011. PLACED ON FILE 1-D
Applications were received for the following 2010 Drainlayer licenses:
- David Scott Lafoe 2
- John Sullivan 2-B
GRANTED Yeas 9, Nays 0
The following applications were received for Handicap Parking Signs:
- Marisol Aponte at 3 Dexter st 3
- Paula Newberry at 84B Arlington st 3-B
- Jean T Walsh at 37 Saint James av 3-C
PLACED ON FILE and REFERRED TO PLANNING Yeas 9, Nays 0
Petition was received from Attorney Timothy Schiavoni for
Roman Catholic Archbishop of Boston requesting to amend Zoning Ordinance to rezone a portion of Lot 1A-2 Assessors Plan 419, Block 171, 110-114 Lincoln av; from Residential High Density (RH) District to a Commercial Medical (CM) District and also requesting to amend uses permitted in a Commercial Medical(CM) District to include a Bank and/or other Financial Institution.
REFERRED TO PLANNING BOARD, COUNCIL HEARING SCHEDULED FOR MARCH 9, 2010.
Communication was received from Councillor Ryan requesting
a discussion regarding the future of the Woolworth building and other pending issues facing the City.
PLACED ON FILE and MOTION TO CONTINUE DISCUSSION ON FEB 2, 2010.
Yeas 9, Nays 0 4
Communication was received from Councillor Macek requesting
a discussion regarding water connection fees on Western av.
PLACED ON FILE and MOTION TO CONTINUE DISCUSSION ON JAN 12, 2010.
Yeas 9, Nays 0 5
Hearing was held on Document 114, an application from John Morin/
Neve-Morin Group on behalf of Livingstone Development Corp requesting City accept Karen Way as a Public Way with Tom Hodson of Livingstone Development Corp appearing in favor and no one in opposition, the hearing was closed. A conditional favorable recommendation was received
from Planning Board and favorable recommendation from Planning Director.
HEARING CLOSED and On Motion of Councillor Hall to amend the petition to add that any requirements of the Planning Board and Department heads be incorporated in Council approval Yeas 9, Nays 0 and
APPLICATION GRANTED AS AMENDED Yeas 9, Nays 0 114
ORDERED: That the following street herein described be accepted as a Public Way: Karen Way (see document for complete text)
PASSED Yeas 9, Nays 0 114-B
Meeting adjourned at 7:59 o’clock P.M. Yeas 9, Nays 0
Margaret A Toomey