Present – President Scatamacchia, Councillors Hart, Michitson, Ryan, Macek, LePage, Daly O’Brien and Sullivan.
1. Approval of Records of the Previous Meeting
The minutes were approved.
2. Assignment of the minutes review for the next Meeting
Councillor Daly O’Brien was appointed to read the minutes.
3. Communications from the Mayor
4. Utility Hearing(s) and Related Order(s)
Hearing was held on Document 46, a petition from National Grid of North Andover requesting permission for Pole location on Winter St., plan 11531466. With Dave Agure from National Grid appearing
in favor and no one in opposition the hearing was closed. 46
ON MOTION OF COUNCILLOR LEPAGE TO SUSPEND THE RULES FOR COIN OP APPLICATIONS FROM COACHES SPORTS BAR & GRILL
APPLICATION WAS RECEIVED FROM COACHES SPORTS BAR & GRILL, 2 ESSEX ST. FOR COIN OP LICENSE, MON THRU SATURDAY MS. JOAN KASKIEWICZ INTRODUCED HERSELF AND STATED LIQOUR LICENSE IS PENDING ON MOTION OF COUNCILLOR LEPAGE TO GRANT THE APPLICATION
7. Hearings and Related Orders
WHEREAS: the City of Haverhill has been designated as a Gateway Community by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts;
WHEREAS: the City of Haverhill is working to provide a wide range of housing opportunities within its downtown by expanding its housing stock;
WHEREAS: the Commonwealth of Massachusetts has recently developed the Housing Development Incentive Program (HDIP) to encourage the development of market rate housing in Gateway Communities;
WHEREAS: the program provides the opportunity for tax relief to qualified private developers of market rate housing;
WHEREAS: the program requires the City of Haverhill to develop and approve a Housing Development Plan and Zone;
WHEREAS: the HDIP program further requires the City designate an individual to administer the City's program and to enter into real estate tax increment exemption agreements;
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED THAT
The Mayor, as Chief Executive Officer, is hereby authorized to file the Downtown Market Rate Incentive Zone plan to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts' Department of Housing and Community Development for its review and approval
The Mayor, as Chief Executive Officer is further hereby authorized to act as the City's administrator of the HDIP Plan and is authorized to enter into real estate tax increment exemption agreements between the City of Haverhill and qualified HD projects, each agreement subject to City Council approval.
8. Motions and OrdersORDERED: By virtue of the authority vested in me, as Mayor, by the City Charter and Ordinances of the City of Haverhill, and the General Laws of the Commonwealth, I have this day, appointed the following persons, as attached, to serve as Precinct Officers in the several wards of the City for the year 2013. (see document for completer text)
PASSED Yeas 8, Nays 0, Absent 1 40D
ORDERED: That the City of Haverhill hereby accepts the provisions of G.L. Chapter 138, Section 33B, relative to the sale of alcoholic beverages by on-premise licensees on Sundays and certain legal holiday; sales between 10:00AM and 12:00 noon (see document for complete text)
PASSED Yeas 8, Nays 0, Absent 1 51
ORDERED: That the city appropriate $ 33,250.00 from Free Cash to City Hall Capital Account
9. Unfinished Business of Preceding Meetings
10. Communications and Reports from City Officers and Employees
11. Resolutions and Proclamations
12. Council Committee Reports and Announcements
Council Committee Reports:
Meeting adjourned at 8:45 o’clock P.M. Yeas 8, Nays 0, Absent 1
Home | Mayor's Office | Departments | Resources | Site Map | Feedback
Office of the Mayor
City of Haverhill, Massachusetts
City Hall, Room 100, 4 Summer Street, Haverhill, MA 01830
Developed by enilsson.