Human Resources Division (HRD) has announced the 2015 Police Officer (Municipal and MBTA Transit Police) examination.
This examination is scheduled for Saturday, April 25, 2015 with a last filing date of March 13, 2015. A late fee will be applied to applications filed after March 13, 2015, so we ask that candidates be encouraged to apply early. Applications will not be accepted after March 26, 2015.
Interested candidates go to website http://www.mass.gov/anf/employment-equal-access-disability/civil-serv-info/exam-info/exam-sched/2015-police-officer-examination.html or www.mass.gov/hrd for more information.
This exam is offered for all Police Departments covered under Civil Service and may also be utilized by some non-civil service departments. Interested candidates should spend some time reviewing the additional information, including a Study Guide on our website. Candidates can also follow us on twitter for any exam updates at @MACivilService.
Be Alert, Be Aware:
- How to respond to an active shooter:
- Terrorism awareness training for the community
- When should YOU call the Police - Information
- General Information:
- Do Not Call Registry Information
- Haverhill Police Organizational Values
- ICE your Phone (In Case of Emergency) - Information
- Identity Theft - Victim Assistance Kit
- Overnight Winter Parking Information
- Police Contact Information
- Tip: A Guide to Evaluating Charitable Solicitations
- U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) & Homeland Security Investigations (HSI)- Victim Notication Information
As Chief of Police, it is my pleasure to welcome you to the Haverhill Police Department web site. The Haverhill Police Department is comprised of dedicated professional police officers that are committed to our community. The men and women of the Police Department are committed to providing our citizens with the very best possible service.
To carry our mission forward, we work closely with neighborhood groups, schools, churches, social service agencies, other City departments, and other law enforcement agencies. We know that it takes effective partnerships to ensure that our citizens possess the very best quality of life. Partnerships are two-way relationships, and will require a similar commitment from individuals, groups and organizations outside of the control of the police. Everyone has a role in the pursuit of public safety. Thank you for taking the time to view our web page.