On May 29th, Calvary Baptist Church at 13 Ashland St. will be holding a voter registration drive - Sun, 5/29 1-3PM
Check your voter status here
Late dog registration fines begin June 1st.
Please be aware that the dog license application that was mailed with the census has an error in the cost of licenses for spay and non spay females- the correct price is $15 for a spayed female and $20 for unspayed female. We apologize for any confusion!
Haverhill residents - We are always working to make it more convenient for you to conduct business with the Clerk's office- please let us know your ideas on what services you would like to see provided on our website. Please email your suggestions to: Cityclerk@cityofhaverhill.com Your comments are appreciated!
OCPF has recently published a new video tutorial that local filers may find helpful.“
How to report out-of-pocket expenditures: local filers.” Click here to see the 90 second tutorial.
Attorney General Healey's Open Meeting Law Guide
------------------------------------------------------------------------2016 Election Calendar
Voters can now register and make changes to their voter registration on line!
Secretary of the Commonwealth William Francis Galvin is pleased to announce that online voter registration is available in the Commonwealth through the portal launched by his office. This important advancement will make registration easier and more convenient as well as cut costs relating to the printing of voter registration forms.
Massachusetts citizens can apply online by visiting Secretary Galvin’s website at www.sec.state.ma.us and clicking the “Massachusetts Register to Vote Online” button to access the online application system. Any Massachusetts citizen who has a valid identification card issued by the Registry of Motor Vehicles will be able to use the online system to apply to register to vote, update their address or change their party enrollment.
Massachusetts citizens who do not have identification issued by the Registry of Motor Vehicles can still complete an application online which they can print, sign and mail or hand-deliver to their local election official.
With the Presidential Preference election taking place in March 2016, now is the time to visit Secretary Galvin’s website to check your voter registration status and make any updates as necessary.
NEW: Now you can view the weekly yard sales on line - Click here!
- Obtain your dog license online -click here! Also, please find important information regarding dog waste here.
Please send all meeting notices to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Haverhill City Clerk's office is proud to announce its new Facebook page - sign up for notifications and post your questions! www.facebook.com/cityofhaverhillmaclerk
Important for all candidates! Please see attached letter from OCPF concerning recent changes in the OCPF rules.
- City Clerks Fee Schedule
- Hunting and Fishing license - online from state--not available in our office
Office of the City Clerk- Mission Statement:
Welcome to the City Clerk's Office Website! We hope that you find the following information helpful and informative concerning the services we provide the residents of Haverhill.
The City Clerk is the head of the City's Department of Records and keeper of the City archives, keeper of vital statistics, and the custodian of the City seal and all public records belonging to the City. In addition, the City Clerk is the administrator of the oath of office to all City Officers and performs all duties with regard to the conduct of elections and other such matters provided by general laws.
City Clerk- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Keep systematic files of all public records of the City.
- Establish and maintain procedures for the keeping of vital statistics; assure the prompt issuance of the correct vital statistic records as requested.
- Establish and maintain system for keeping records of municipal meetings.
- Maintain legally required postings and timely information on the City bulletin board.
- Issue dog licenses; collect fees for licenses.
- Receive claims against the City and provide claimant with information as to procedures.
- Administer oath of office to all City officials.
- Prepare, distribute, receive, review for accuracy, and record City census.
- Administration of all elections.
- Provide pertinent legal documents to City departments that are impacted by law, ordinance, or contract.
- Prepare City Council agenda and maintain a file of all City Council documents. Prepare minutes of City Council meetings.
City Clerk Transaction Listing:
- Birth Certificates
- Birth Amendments
- Death Certificates
- Death Amendments
- Marriage Amendments
- Gas Storage Registrations
- Business Certificates
- Voter Registration
- Absentee ballots
- Receive all damage claims for processing
- Dog License
- Livery/Taxi Licenses
- Second Hand Dealer License
- Marriage License
- Raffle Licenses
- Flea market licenses
- Drainlayer license
- Yard sale permits
- Junk dealer license
- Fortune teller/palm reading license